We highly recommend regular examinations every 6-12 months. This will help us identify any potential problems so we can deal with it immediately, saving you time and money.
Brush your way to a brighter smile with these simple tips to incorporate into your morning and evening routine.
1. Start off with a good fluoride toothpaste and a soft bristled bush that fits your mouth comfortably. Smaller heads are better at getting to those hard to reach places;
2. Make time each morning and evening to get a good brush in. Proper brushing takes at least two minutes;
3. Your toothbrush should be angled at 45° toward the gum line. Half the bristles should cover the gums. Starting with the outside surface (upper then lower teeth) use short, gentle back and forth horizontal strokes. Focus on a small set of teeth at a time. Once an area is complete, move onto the next set of teeth;
4. Once the outer surfaces have been covered, repeat the process on the inside of the teeth using the same gentle back and forth strokes. To clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and use up-and-down strokes;
5. Using similar gentle back and forth strokes, thoroughly brush the chewing surfaces of your teeth;
6. For fresh breath don’t forget to brush your tongue;
7. A thorough teeth cleaning isn’t complete without a good floss (especially at night before bed);
8. Lastly, remember to replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months, keep a balanced diet full of healthy veggies and visit your dentist for regular checkups.
Thank you so much for reading and if you enjoyed the article tell us your thoughts in the comments below. Keep in touch with us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.